Transform your night's rest: Biohacking techniques for deeper and restorative sleep.
In our hectic world, many struggle with sleep problems, leading to reduced health and well-being. Studies show that a large portion of the population suffers from chronic sleep deprivation. This is where biohacking plays a crucial role. Biohacking is more than a wellness trend, it is a scientific approach to improving the performance of our body and brain. In this blog post, we delve into the world of sleep biohacking, a fascinating blend of science, technology, and personal health optimisation
What is Biohacking?
Biohacking is a fascinating approach to personal health and well-being, where the lines between science and daily life blur. It involves deliberately intervening in our biology with the aim of improving the quality of life. This can range from simple adjustments, such as changes in diet and sleep habits, to advanced approaches like using technology and even genetic modification. At the heart of biohacking is the concept of self-experimentation and optimization. Biohackers are often individuals who collect personal data on aspects such as sleep patterns, diet, and exercise, and use this information to adjust their lifestyle. They seek ways to improve their physical and mental performance, increase energy levels, and promote overall health. Through biohacking, they aim to gain more control over their own body and mind, thereby optimizing their personal well-being.
How can you Biohack your sleep?
- Limit Caffeine: Avoid caffeine at least 8 hours before bedtime, as it can reduce your sleep duration by more than an hour.
- Adjust Eating Patterns: Eat your last meal 4 hours before bedtime. Eating within 3 hours of bedtime increases the likelihood of nocturnal awakenings by 43%.
- Diffuse Lavender: Lavender aids in the release of melatonin, leading to a more relaxed sleep.
- Block Blue Light: Avoid blue light from electronics at least 2 hours before bedtime to improve your sleep quality.
- Bathing or Showering: Taking a bath or shower 90 minutes before bedtime can reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
- Drink Chamomile Tea: Chamomile can induce drowsiness and improve sleep quality. Ideally do this 45 minutes before bedtime.
- Meditation: Meditating 30 minutes before bedtime can help you relax and improve sleep quality.
- Deep Breathing Exercises: Perform deep breathing exercises 15 minutes before bedtime to promote melatonin production.
- Consistent Darkness: Ensure a consistently dark environment during sleep to optimize melatonin production.
Bedtime Beauty: products for sleep-optimised skincare
Our products are carefully designed according to the principles of biohacking, where natural ingredients and scientific innovation come together to improve both your skin and your sleep.
- Sleepwell Mist: This mist contains lavender oil, known for its calming properties. Lavender oil can help promote relaxation and may support the production of melatonin, the 'sleep hormone', contributing to improved sleep quality.
- Goodnight Renewal Cream: This luxurious night cream combines retinol, for cell renewal, and ceramides, which support the skin barrier, to nourish and restore the skin during your sleep.
- Recharge Sleep Mask: Rich in AHAs, which remove dead skin cells, and hyaluronic acid, known for its hydrating properties, for overnight skin repair and a radiant complexion upon waking.
- Dream Repair Eye Oil: With ingredients like sea buckthorn and pomegranate, rich in antioxidants, to revitalize the sensitive skin around the eyes and contribute to a relaxed sleep.
Do you also want to biohack your sleep? Discover our products and start improving your night's rest now!
Want more juicy details? Explore our other captivating blog posts for a deeper dive!
The Power of Triple Exfoliation: Physical, Chemical, and Enzymatic
7 Pro tips to change your skincare from summer to fall
Unveil the Magic of the Bio-Barrier Peeling Exfoliant
Go Mineral: 3 reasons to switch to natural mineral sunscreen
Subscribe to our newsletter
and receive 10% discount on your next order.