Slow skincare: a step forwards in beauty and wellbeing
Did you know that the name Likami comes from the Icelandic word for ‘body’? Not only our name, but the entire vision behind our brand was inspired by the pure and natural beauty of Nordic countries and their accompanying way of life. They live at a slower pace, focusing more on minimalism and embracing a closer connection with nature. Elements that are not only embodied in our branding, but in our full approach to cosmetics. Discover ‘slow skincare’: a step forwards in beauty and wellbeing.
The minimalist beauty shelf
Like fashion, food and other industries, beauty is going through a fast-paced era. And while overhauled shelfies may look good on your Instagram page, you really don’t need to have that many products on rotation.
The most prominent feature in our slow skincare approach is probably our minimal collection. Our aim is to simplify your beauty routine. You won’t find an abundance of different cleansing products, serums and moisturisers in our webshop. Instead, you can create your personal skincare routine by mixing and matching our four-step routine. No more overchoice - just start with the essentials and tailor your routine according to how your skin feels.
Being consistent with the products you apply onto your face and body is key to healthy, balanced skin. But it has other benefits as well: when you use less products, you produce less waste and you have to spend less money in an endless search for the right skincare products. On top of that, not having to deal with overchoice and having a steady routine to look forward to every evening stimulates wellbeing and reduces stress.
Ingredient selection and small-batch production
On top of keeping our collection minimal, we also embrace slow beauty in our formulation and manufacturing process. How? Firstly by carefully curating our ingredients. We don’t jump on trends, stuffing our products with the latest and greatest without conducting enough research to the origin and quality of these components. Instead, we take our time to test and search for high-quality botanical ingredients like yarrow, sage, burdock and St. John’s wort that form our signature quadri-gold complex. Ingredients that not only feel and smell good, but also have a positive long-term effect on the skin.
We also produce more slowly, in smaller batches. The benefits of this? It assures that our products are fresh and natural, without a bunch of bad preservatives, and it keeps us in touch with our products as we can easily adjust and improve wherever is needed.
Slow moments in the bathroom
Another Nordic term we love to apply to our skincare approach is hygge: embracing cosy moments. For us, that definitely means taking extra me-time in the bathroom and embracing a slow skincare moment. Our favourite slow skincare routine consists of the following steps.
- Taking a nicely warm shower or bath with an aromatherapeutic body wash. Anything lavender-scented is a good option to soothe the mind!
- Indulging in a warm, soft self-hug by massaging your Body Oil into your arms, legs and belly. This moment of tactile stimulation is especially important now that we’re all craving human touch a little more.
- Thoroughly, yet gently cleansing the face with our Cleansing Milk and exfoliating Cleansing Pad. No quick rub-off, but a mindful massage that takes the day off and cleanses your pores even deeper.
- Closing your eyes and inhaling the refreshing and calming scent of your Facial Toner. This is why we love a mist!
- Of course, taking your time for a facial massage can not be missed in this line-up. A pure yet high-quality serum and a facial roller are essential for this, while a gua sha stone helps to release even more tension from the face as you can stimulate certain acupressure points.
- Applying a lightweight, but hydrating cream to seal in the moisture and calm vibes you’ve created.
slow skincare routine products
7 Pro tips to change your skincare from summer to fall
New: Anti-Pollution Shield SPF 30
New: eco-luxurious exfoliant cream and facial mask
Simplifying your beauty routine: what products does your skin type really need?
Subscribe to our newsletter
and receive 10% discount on your next order.