Healthy Recipes - Peppermint Chocolate Truffles
Always treat your skin kindly and optimise your nutrition by eating antioxidant-rich fruit and vegatables, healthy fats from oily fish and nuts, and a varied and balanced diet. Your skin will thank you!
Peppermint chocolate truffles are a delightful treat that perfectly balance the rich taste of chocolate with the refreshing zing of peppermint. This recipe transforms simple ingredients into exquisite, homemade truffles that are not only delicious but also healthier than store-bought alternatives. Ideal for a festive treat or a special gift, these truffles are sure to impress with their blend of flavors and textures.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 13 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Prepare the peppermint truffles: Combine walnuts, almonds, medjool dates, coconut oil, peppermint extract, and salt in a food processor. Process ingredients until a sticky dough is formed. You should be able to pinch the mixture together with your hands.
- Roll the dough: Use a mini cookie scoop or tablespoon to form the dough into 15 rounds. Roll each round of dough into a ball. Set aside and prepare the chocolate coating.
- Prepare the chocolate coating: Combine dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until the chocolate is melted. (Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a double boiler until melted.)
- Coat truffles in chocolate: Line a plate with parchment paper. Dip each peppermint truffle in the melted chocolate, tapping off any excess. Place on the parchment paper and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Chill: Place truffles in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
These peppermint chocolate truffles are a nice change as a dessert or snack, suitable for special occasions or a cozy evening at home.
Did you know? Walnuts, one of the key ingredients in these peppermint chocolate truffles, are not just a tasty addition but also a powerhouse of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential nutrients not only enhance brain health but also contribute to a stronger heart, making every bite of these truffles not just a delight for the taste buds but also a boon for your overall well-being!
Healthy Recipes: Crispy roasted Chickpeas
Healthy Recipes: Matcha Chia Seeds energy bites
Healthy Recipes: Almond and Cinnamon Christmas Stars
Subscribe to our newsletter
and receive 10% discount on your next order.